Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another big milestone/train car: DTC

DTC means dossier to China.  This is a big milestone, meaning you are done with the second portion of the huge paperchase! (the first was the homestudy).  After receiving our I800A approval 2/22, I got it notarized that night, was at the Secretary of State office in WI at 7:15 the next morning (they didn't open until 8, but that was during the time of all the protests at the state capitol in WI, right across the street, so I didn't know how long it would take), and had it sealed by 8:15.  The SOS office called me by 8:16, that they had goofed, would i come back.  I ran back, and they fixed their goof, they thought!.  I drove like crazy to Chicago, to the Chinese consulate there.  If you arrive before 11, documents can be authenticated the same day!  I could have had it fedex'd to our agency that day, and been DTC 2/25!  That would have been awesome!  However, the consulate refused to accept the documents the way the SOS office had "fixed" them.  So, I drove home very frustrated, fixed the document, and drove back to Chicago Friday 2/25!  So, finally our DTC date was 3/4. since our agency only sends documents to China on Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment