Thursday, June 9, 2011

My heart is full!

We got to skype with Emmett Haixing tonight, and it went better than any of us hoped!  He was wearing the shirt we sent, and had the books and photo album with him.  As his sisters took turns being close to the camera, he found their photos in the book.  He obviously has looked at his photo book many times!  We talked about our swings, and he immediately looked for that page also.  We knew he liked music, so asked him about that.  He sang a little song for us!   We were cautioned not to talk about adoption, not being sure how much he knows or understands, but one of his first questions was, "Can you come and get me on Monday?"  Totally melted our hearts!  He called us mama, baba, and older sisters.  His only request was that if we can't come on Monday, could we send some colored pens.  Believe me, I will be purchasing colored pens, pencils, paper, etc to send to him this week!!!  He seems to be very perceptive.  When asked if he had any questions, he turned to the photo of me in his book, and asked if I went to work.  I told him I did when the children were at school, but that I wouldn't go to work for the first few months after he comes home.  He seemed satisfied.  He also noticed that Brian was quieter than the rest of us, and specifically asked Brian to sing him a song!  It was priceless!  He was smiling, happy, waving, and knew all about what was happening.  We are even more excited than we were before!!!!!   I really can't express how much that call means to all of us!  Here are some snapshots from the call.  In the second one, he is holding the Clifford book we sent to him.


4 comments:

  1. So exciting! And to know how excited he is for you to come get him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Adorable boy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special! Brings tears to my eyes! Love reading about your process, just read this far now. Julie passed on your blog link.

    ReplyDelete